In these terms and conditions, the following definitions apply:
“Applicable Date” means the date your ticket allows you access to the relevant Destination(s);
- “Destinations” means Mining Art Gallery, Auckland Tower, Auckland Castle and Gardens, Spanish Gallery, Walled Garden and Faith Museum;
- “we” means TAP Trading Limited (company no: 08148123) and “our” shall be construed accordingly;
- “you” means the purchaser of the ticket and “your” shall be construed accordingly.
All visitors to the Destinations must have a valid entrance ticket. By purchasing a ticket, you agree to the terms and conditions of sale as set out below.
- Adult – over 17 years inclusive;
- Child – 5 to 16 years inclusive;
- Family 1 Adult – 1 adult (over 17 years inclusive) and up to 4 children (5 to 16 years inclusive);
- Family 2 Adult – 2 adults (over 17 years inclusive) and up to 4 children (5 to 16 years inclusive).
We reserve the right to require valid proof of age or status and to refuse entry if you are unable to produce the same.
- Destination tickets allow you access to the separate Destinations only and are only valid for the Applicable Date.
- Please note that separate entrance charges may apply in respect of temporary exhibits or events taking place on the Applicable Date at a Destination.
- Altering or defacing a ticket may render it void.
- Once payment has been processed, no cancellation of the ticket or transaction can be made whether bought online, over the phone or in person.
- Tickets cannot be refunded after purchase.
- Tickets for events, day time or evening, are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for an alternative date or event.
- No ticket may be resold without our prior written consent of The Auckland Project. If any person attempts to enter a Destination with a ticket that has been resold without our written consent, we may refuse entry and we shall not be liable to pay compensation in those circumstances.
- Tickets may not be advertised for transfer or sale.
- No Child under the age of 16 shall be entitled to enter a Destination without an accompanying adult. We reserve the right to refuse admission to unaccompanied children.
- All prices are correct at time of publishing. They are subject to change without prior notice.
- It is your responsibility to check all tickets at the time of purchase or on arrival (by post/email). Please check your tickets carefully at this time as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission, terminate a visit, close rooms or restrict access to areas within the Destinations at short notice and without prior warning.
- We reserve the right to alter or vary arrangements due to events or circumstances beyond our control, without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
- Eating and drinking are prohibited within the Destinations, except in the Bishop’s Kitchen, Kitchen Courtyard, El Castillo Tapas Restaurant and outside areas.
- Smoking (including vaping) is prohibited at the Destinations except in designated smoking areas.
- Photography (without flash) and filming for personal use only is allowed in Auckland Castle, the Spanish Gallery and Auckland Tower. Photography is not permitted in the Mining Art Gallery or the Bishop Trevor Gallery within Auckland Castle.
- Dogs will not be admitted to indoor Destinations, except assistance guide dogs. All dogs are welcome in the Deer Park.
- We do not allow large bags, suitcases, rucksacks, prams or pushchairs into some Destinations. Any such items cannot be stored or taken into the buildings. There will be appropriate signage to make you aware of this, please cooperate with our staff by following their instructions.
- Small bags can be stored in the Spanish Gallery lockers. The lockers are 30cm wide x 44cm high. Visitors to Auckland Castle or the Mining Art Gallery should wear small rucksacks on the front of the body.
- We reserve the right to introduce security checks, and items such as bags and rucksacks may be subject to search.
- You may be liable for any damage you cause to the Destination or any of its contents or for any injury caused to any of our representatives or other visitors during your visit.
- We exclude all liability for any loss, damage to personal property or injury to visitors, howsoever caused, but we do not exclude liability where any death or injury is caused by our negligence or the negligence of our staff or volunteers.
- Please note we are not able to provide you with a VAT receipt upon ticket purchase at a Destination. If you require a VAT invoice, please contact [email protected]
- Ownership of a ticket does not confer any rights on you to use, alter, copy or otherwise deal with any of our symbols, trademarks, logos and/or other intellectual property. The Auckland Project is a registered trade mark.
- The following activities are not allowed at the Destinations: camping, lighting fires, barbeques, swimming, any activity which may damage trees, plants or wildlife, horse-riding, drinking alcohol.
- We reserve the right, at our absolute discretion, to refuse you admission or remove you from the relevant Destination where you fail to act in accordance with these terms or otherwise fail to comply with our reasonable requests or where your behaviour may impact on the enjoyment and/or safety of others.
- Notwithstanding anything above, the laws of England apply to all tickets sales. The Auckland Project reserves the right to refuse admission, close rooms, terminate a visit, or restrict access to areas within the grounds or the buildings at short notice and without prior warning.
Online ticket purchases
- Changes to the date and/or entry time of an admission ticket can be made, providing the preferred date/time is available until 9am on the day of the original booking. You can amend your ticket booking at any time by logging into your online account. Please note: times/dates of tickets for special events cannot be changed once booked.
- Tickets cannot be resold, or offered for re-sale via a third party. To do so invalidates the ticket.
- A £1.80 booking fee applies to all purchases made online. This fee is per order and not per ticket. This charge does not apply to tickets purchased in our venues.
- Unless otherwise stated, no tickets will be sent out in the post, unless otherwise specified upon purchase.
- When your purchase has been confirmed, your reference is the e-mail sent to the e-mail address you specified. It’s your responsibility to check prior to purchase that the information you have supplied to us in respect of your ticket requirements is accurate. We are only responsible for issuing tickets in accordance with the information you provide.
- If the delivered e-mail does not match your order, please contact us at [email protected]
Once purchased, tickets are non-refundable and non-cancellable. However, changes can be made to the date and/or entry time of an admission ticket until 9am on the day of the original booking. You can amend your ticket booking at any time by logging into your online account.
- discount only available on full price Destination tickets
- discounts will not be given on concession Destination tickets
- discount is only available for entry Wednesday to Sunday (does not include Bank Holiday Mondays)
- group discount Destination ticket is for one entry only – not an annual ticket
- whole groups or individuals within a group could choose to upgrade to an annual ticket at the usual cost
- one driver ticket per coach or minibus
- all bookings to be confirmed in writing
- payment to be made in advance of visit and on receipt of invoice
- change in group numbers only available 14 days or more ahead of the visit
Prince Bishop Friends
- annual Prince Bishop Friend memberships are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase
- Prince Bishop Friend memberships are non-refundable and non-transferrable
- Prince Bishop Friends are entitled to unlimited entry at the following ticketed attractions: Auckland Castle and Gardens, Spanish Gallery, Mining Art Gallery
- complimentary tickets issued with Prince Bishop Friends memberships can only be redeemed once. Separate T&Cs apply (see reverse of tickets for further details)
- Prince Bishop Friends are entitled to a 10% discount on retail, food and drink in The Auckland Project's gift shops and eateries. The food and drink discount will be applied to transactions up to the value of £15 when purchasing cake, snacks and drinks (excluding alcohol) and to transactions up to the value of £40 when purchasing meals and drinks (excluding alcohol). These terms and conditions apply to Bishop’s Kitchen and El Castillo. We reserve the right to withdraw these discounts at any time
- Friend memberships purchased via Direct Debit will automatically renew after 12 months unless cancelled
Summer Explorer Pass
- valid from Wednesday 27 July 2022 until Sunday 4 September 2022 for entry to Auckland Castle and Gardens during Auckland Castle opening hours
- the pass can be used to revisit Auckland Castle and Gardens until the expiry date of Sunday 4 September 2022
- only available in person from Auckland Tower
- applicants must complete a short survey before being issued with their Summer Explorer Pass
- only one Summer Explorer Pass will be issued per household
- only available for households with a DL postcode (proof of postcode required)
- Summer Explorer Passes are non-refundable and non-transferrable
- only available for parents, carers or grandparents visiting with children
- free children's lunches are available for children aged 16 and under on Thursdays from 28 July until 1 September with a valid Summer Explorer Pass. Only one free lunch will be available per child per day.
- full price admission still applies to the Spanish Gallery and Mining Art Gallery
- discount codes are only available on full price Destination tickets for Auckland Castle, the Walled Garden, the Mining Art Gallery and the Spanish Gallery, including Adult tickets, Child tickets and Family tickets
- discounts will not be given on Two-Day All Access tickets, the Summer Explorer Pass or Friends memberships
- the 2022 discount code for Kynren ticket bookers is only available on purchases made from 21 July to 30 September, for visits from 21 July to 30 September 2022
- the 2022 discount code for Marras is only available on full price Mining Art Gallery tickets purchased from 27 July to 30 September 2022, for visits from 27 July to 30 September 2022
Personal data and GDPR
We are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. Our Privacy Notice is available here.
For general competition terms and conditions click here.
Social media guidelines
We ask all users of our social media profiles to follow guidelines on appropriate content. These guidelines have been put in place to ensure all of our social media users can interact and join in our conversation.
To view the guidelines, click here.